Using survey sites can be a great way to earn a little extra income if you have time to spare but this is not a get rich quick fix to make extra money.
Surveys can be a great distraction and a way to earn a bit of money if you are watching TV, waiting for an appointment, the bus or just have a little time to spare and those little bits of money add up over time.
Below is a list of survey sites that I have previously used and would recommend. Some of these sites require you to earn points to trade in for either money or gift cards, others will earn you money directly.
Some of the sites below allow you to do more than just take surveys to earn points or money. Sites like Swagbucks allow you to undertake tasks such as watch videos, play games, participate in polls, shop and lots more. The more points you earn in doing these tasks the more you can exchange for money or gift cards.
I would highly recommend creating a new email address or using an old one that you no longer need because there is a high chance that you may receive a lot of spam emails when registering and you will also receive survey invites and when these get mixed up with your normal emails they can become a bit overwhelming.
Which survey sites do I recommend?
The survey sites I recommend are below listed in order of my personal preference. Click the blue links below to you to the sites and register.
- Prolific.co – This is my most favourite because it never throws you out of a survey, it’s fair and it will let you know how much your rate works out to per hour.
- Swagbucks – Here you will earn ‘Swagbucks’ which can be redeemed for cash once you reach the threshold. To earn Swagbucks you can participate in surveys, answer questions and polls, shop, discover, watch, play, search. These do quickly build up and I’ve enjoyed using Swagbucks.
- YouGov – YouGov is a British international Internet-based market research and data analytics firm, headquartered in the UK – You earn points to then claim into rewards.
- ohMyDosh! – Earn your first £1 simply by registering with the blue link. There are so many ways to earn with OMD it’s impossible to list them all but. There are no spend ways to earn, fun ways to earn, cashback chance and all with so many reputable companies on board too.
- InstaGC – InstaGC is Free to join. Get free gift cards by completing tasks, surveys, videos, plus more. Over 1267700+ gift cards redeemed. Every point you earn equates to 00.01p.
Survey sites I am not a fan of are:
- 20Cogs – This concept is a simple way of earning money. Upon signing up you will be presented with 20 cogs which are filled with Competitions, Offers, Games and Surveys from some of UK’s leading brands. Once an offer has been completed a cog will change colour. Once all 20 cogs have turned green, you can redeem your reward. Sign up now using the blue link.
The reason why I am not a fan of 20 Cogs is that a lot of them are mainly bingo sign-ups that promote gambling. I am not anti-gambling and may at times promote this myself on here but I don’t think signing up to so many is a good idea. It also takes quite some time for all the cogs to turn green. You have to make sure ALL 20 cogs are green too before you are paid.
Once you have mastered the art of using survey sites to earn an extra income. You might want to check out how wombling can help you save money too.